Remember, remember the fifth of November! Whilst us humans might enjoy watching Catherine Wheels, Roman Candles and Jumping Jacks, loud fireworks can cause distress for dogs and other pets.
Here’s some sound advice to help keep your hound happy this time of year.
• Walk your dog during daylight hours
• Keep your dog inside when it’s dark outside
• Closing windows and curtains will help muffle the sound of big bangs
• Music will also help mask the sound of fireworks
• Don’t fuss too much over a scared dog (even if it feels wrong)
• Ensure your dog has a known safe place it can hide in (if it chooses too)
• Try to ignore the sound of fireworks yourself
• You could talk to your vet about pheromone diffusers